Help Conservation Initiative for the Asian Elephant (CIFAE) save the Asian elephant and earn the opportunity to participate with us in a one-of-a-kind community-based conservation workshop in India. The opportunity is enormous and rewarding.
The only absolute requirements are a passion for saving the elephant and the ability to write clearly and concisely. No prior experience with elephants is required. A few points about the work are described toward the end of this announcement.
In addition to working with CIFAE in India (see below) interns will become members of CIFAE’s core team and will be recognized on CIFAE’s website and Facebook page.
An application donation of 15.00 USD is requested and is fully tax deductible. If you do not feel that you have the time for this opportunity please consider sponsoring someone that does.
If you are one of the individuals selected for this opportunity your work will be rewarded with 50% of transportation, room, and board paid for participation with CIFAE and our partner organizations in the first-ever community-based conversation workshop in one of the key elephant areas of India. We have tentatively scheduled this workshop for December 2015 and will provide more information in the coming months.
A Few Things About Your Responsibilities as a CIFAE Intern
I will provide detailed information to those interested in applying but basically the work will entail the following tasks.
· Research for and collection of credible and substantive articles and reports about Asian elephants from popular press, research publications, and organization websites.
· Summarizing information and articles in journalistic form into short easy-to-read yet accurate and informative articles. Great care must be taken to collect complete citations for crediting authors for original material.
· Vetting your summary articles with me prior to publication on CIFAE’s website and Facebook page.
· Cross-posting your articles to CIFAE’s website and CIFAE’s Facebook page.
· Helping to construct a complete list of all not-for-profit and non-governmental organizations working in various ways to protect the Asian elephant.
If you are interested, please send a short personal message to my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/ron.chandler.756 or Email, firstname.lastname@example.org, stating briefly why you think you would be well suited for this work and provide your email address. I will then send you more details about the work so that you can make certain of your interest and ability before we go through the application process.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
PS: I will begin making selections the week of 6-October. This is the week after the Global March for Elephants in DC.